IFHMB’s Senior Services program (for individuals 55 and older) is intended to specifically address the unique and complex concerns and issues of senior citizens. The Senior Services Department provides mediation to resolve issues involving Social Security, Medicare, Medi-Cal, utility companies, collection agencies, neighbors, and more.
The Senior Services Program has expanded to offer assistance to seniors in completing HEAP application forms, which can provide savings to senior citizens who are on fixed incomes. Staff members can also assist seniors in submitting applications for federal or state grants.
Additionally, IFHMB’s Senior Services program maintains an extensive listing of referrals to help seniors resolve a variety of issues. An updated listing is kept for affordable senior housing throughout San Bernardino County, focusing mainly on Ontario, Chino, Upland, Montclair, Rancho Cucamonga, and Fontana. IFHMB Senior Services regularly conducts presentations at senior facilities to promote services offered by IFHMB and other local agencies and organizations.
To contact IFHMB’s Senior Services department call 1-800-321-0911 ext. 179 or email email@example.com
Home Energy Assistance Program
The Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) helps individuals with low income pay their energy bills.
You may be eligible for HEAP if:
- You and your household members are U.S. Citizens, U.S. non-citizen national or qualified aliens
- You provide a valid Social Security Number for each household member
- You receive Food Stamps, Temporary Assistance or Supplemental Security Income
- Your total monthly household income is at or below the HEAP income guidelines
To apply or get more information about HEAP, call 1-800-321-0911 ext. 122
Reverse Mortgage Counseling
Fees are currently being waived! Take advantage now!
Reverse Mortgage counseling provides information about how to tap into the equity of your home. Use this extra money for everyday living expenses, health care costs, or just to make life a little more enjoyable.
To be eligible for a Reverse Mortgage, you must:
- Be a homeowner 62 years of age or older
- Own your home outright, or have a low mortgage balance that can be paid off at closing with proceeds from the Reverse Loan
- Live in your home
- Own a single family home or a 2-4 unit home with one unit occupied by the borrower. HUD-approved condominiums and manufactured homes that meet FHA requirements are also eligible.
- Receive consumer information free or at a very low cost from a qualified Reverse Mortgage Consultant prior to obtaining the loan.
Appointments Available | Monday – Friday | Call now – 800.321.0911 ext 101
Fees are currently being waived.
During each Reverse Mortgage counseling session, a counselor will explain areas of concern to the borrower and the basic elements of a reverse mortgage. Counseling sessions are held by appointment and can be scheduled by calling IFHMB at 1-800-321-0911 ext 101.
- AARP Reverse Mortgage Booklet
- About Home Equity Conversion Mortgages
- Home Equity Conversion Mortgage FAQs
- NCOA Reverse Mortgage Booklet
- Ontario Senior Center : (909) 395-2375
- HICAP , Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program, Medicare Benefits: (800) 434-0222
- Montclair Senior Center: (909) 625-9483
- Upland Senior Center : (909) 981-4501
- Community Senior Services of Claremont: (909) 621-9900
- Rancho Cucamonga Senior Center: (909) 477-2780
- Poison Action Line: (800) 876-4766
- Child Protective Services : (800) 540-4000
- Anonymous Crime Reporting: (800) 78-CRIME / (800) 782-7463
- Elder and Disabled Adults Abuse: (877) 656-2020
- Hotline for Food: (909) 387-6861
- Alzheimer’s Association Helpline: (800) 660-1993
- Knopf Senior Center : (909) 428-8376
- Long Term Care Ombudsman Program : (909) 885-1567
- RSVP West Valley (Retired and Senior Volunteer) (909) 482-0355
- Omnitrans Access (Dial a Ride) (800) 990-2404