IFHMB’s Senior Services program (for individuals 55 and older) is intended to specifically address the unique and complex concerns and issues of senior citizens. The Senior Services Department provides mediation to resolve issues involving Social Security, Medicare, Medi-Cal, utility companies, collection agencies, neighbors, and more.
The Senior Services Program has expanded to offer assistance to seniors in completing HEAP application forms, which can provide savings to senior citizens who are on fixed incomes. Staff members can also assist seniors in submitting applications for federal or state grants.
Additionally, IFHMB’s Senior Services program maintains an extensive listing of referrals to help seniors resolve a variety of issues. An updated listing is kept for affordable senior housing throughout San Bernardino County, focusing mainly on Ontario, Chino, Upland, Montclair, Rancho Cucamonga, and Fontana. IFHMB Senior Services regularly conducts presentations at senior facilities to promote services offered by IFHMB and other local agencies and organizations.
To contact IFHMB’s Senior Services department call 1-800-321-0911 ext. 179 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Home Energy Assistance Program
The Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) helps individuals with low income pay their energy bills.
You may be eligible for HEAP if:
- You and your household members are U.S. Citizens, U.S. non-citizen national or qualified aliens
- You provide a valid Social Security Number for each household member
- You receive Food Stamps, Temporary Assistance or Supplemental Security Income
- Your total monthly household income is at or below the HEAP income guidelines
- To apply or get more information about HEAP, call IFHMB at 1-800-321-0911 ext. 122
- AARP Reverse Mortgage Booklet
- About Home Equity Conversion Mortgages
- Home Equity Conversion Mortgage FAQs
- NCOA Reverse Mortgage Booklet
- Ontario Senior Center : (909) 395-2375
- HICAP , Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program, Medicare Benefits: (800) 434-0222
- Montclair Senior Center: (909) 625-9483
- Upland Senior Center : (909) 981-4501
- Community Senior Services of Claremont: (909) 621-9900
- Rancho Cucamonga Senior Center: (909) 477-2780
- Poison Action Line: (800) 876-4766
- Child Protective Services : (800) 540-4000
- Anonymous Crime Reporting: (800) 78-CRIME / (800) 782-7463
- Elder and Disabled Adults Abuse: (877) 656-2020
- Hotline for Food: (909) 387-6861
- Alzheimer’s Association Helpline: (800) 660-1993
- Knopf Senior Center : (909) 428-8376
- Long Term Care Ombudsman Program : (909) 885-1567
- RSVP West Valley (Retired and Senior Volunteer) (909) 482-0355
- Omnitrans Access (Dial a Ride) (800) 990-2404