What is Housing Counseling?
Housing Counseling refers to a number of programs and services offered by IFHMB that assist homeowners, potential homeowners, renters, and individuals with education, information, and about options that are available.
As a HUD Approved Housing Counseling Agency funded by Federal dollars, IFHMB’s Certified counselors provide confidential, one-on-one counseling for individuals facing foreclosure, requesting rental information, and experiencing homelessness. Additionally, IFHMB’s Legal Department conducts investigations of unfair and predatory lending practices.
Default/Foreclosure Prevention Counseling
IFHMB’s certified housing counselors successfully assist homeowners who are at risk of losing their home by exploring any available options including loan modification, special forbearance, partial claims, repayment plans, reinstatement plans, and short sale options.
IFHMB’s counselors carefully evaluate cases on an individual basis, tailoring each counseling session to work specifically on each homeowner’s situation. Counselors also provide information about how to avoid Loan Modification scams.
Default and Foreclosure prevention counseling services are provided at no cost!
IFHMB provides in-person appointments. Call today to schedule an appointment. Our services are free.
Contact us at 1-800-321-0911 ext 101
Tips for avoiding foreclosure:
- Don’t Ignore the problem.
- Know your mortgage rights.
- Avoid foreclosure prevention companies.
- Don’t lose your home to foreclosure recovery scams.
Reverse Mortgage Counseling
Fees are currently being waived!
Reverse Mortgage counseling provides information about how to access the equity in your home. Use this money for everyday living expenses, repairs, health care costs, or property taxes.
To be eligible for a Reverse Mortgage, you must:
- Be a homeowner 62 years of age or older
- Own your home, or have a low mortgage balance that can be paid with proceeds from the Reverse Mortgage Loan
- Live in your home as your primary residence
- Own a single family home or a 2-4 unit home with one unit occupied by the borrower. HUD-approved condominiums and manufactured homes that meet FHA requirements may be eligible.
- Receive consumer information from a certified Reverse Mortgage Counselor prior to obtaining the loan.
Appointments Available | Monday – Friday | Call – 800.321.0911 ext 101
Our Reverse Mortgage counselings are free of charge.
During the Reverse Mortgage counseling session, a counselor will explain the basic elements of a reverse mortgage and discuss areas of concern of the borrower situation. Counseling appointments sessions can be scheduled by calling IFHMB at 1-800-321-0911 ext 101.