What is Housing Counseling?
Housing Counseling refers to a number of programs and services offered by IFHMB that assist homeowners, potential homeowners, renters, and individuals in transition with education, information, and individual housing challenges.
Don’t Pay for Loan Modifications
As a HUD Approved Housing Counseling Agency funded by taxpayer dollars, IFHMB’s trained counselors provide confidential, one-on-one counseling for individuals facing foreclosure, requesting rental information, and experiencing homelessness. First-time homebuyer and financial education classes are also offered. Additionally, IFHMB’s Legal Department conducts investigations of unfair and predatory lending practices.
Default/Foreclosure Prevention Counseling
IFHMB’s experienced counselors successfully assist homeowners who are at risk of losing their home by exploring many available options including loan modification, special forbearance, partial claims, loan repayment plans, loan reinstatement plans, or short sale options.
IFHMB’s counselors carefully evaluate cases on an individual basis, tailoring each counseling plan to work specifically for each homeowner’s situation. Counselors can also provide information about how to avoid Loan Modification scams that involve a fee-for-service.
Default and Foreclosure prevention counseling services are provided at no cost!
IFHMB provides face-to-face appointments as well as over the phone conferences. Call today to schedule an appointment. Our services are free.
Contact us at 1-800-321-0911
In a one-hour session, you receive information about all the options available to you.
Tips for avoiding foreclosure:
- Don’t Ignore the problem. The further behind you become, the harder it becomes to reinstate your loan.
- Know your mortgage rights. Find your loan documents and read them so that you will know what your lender may do if you can’t make your payments.
- Avoid foreclosure prevention companies. You don’t need to pay fees for foreclosure prevention help. Use the money to pay the mortgage instead.
- Don’t lose your house to foreclosure recovery scams. If any firm claims they can stop your foreclosure immediately if you sign a document appointing them to act on your behalf, you may be signing over the title of your property and becoming a renter in your own home.
Reverse Mortgage Counseling
Fees are currently being waived! Take advantage now!
Reverse Mortgage counseling provides information about how to tap into the equity of your home. Use this extra money for everyday living expenses, health care costs, or just to make life a little more enjoyable.
To be eligible for a Reverse Mortgage, you must:
- Be a homeowner 62 years of age or older
- Own your home outright, or have a low mortgage balance that can be paid off at closing with proceeds from the Reverse Loan
- Live in your home
- Own a single family home or a 2-4 unit home with one unit occupied by the borrower. HUD-approved condominiums and manufactured homes that meet FHA requirements are also eligible.
- Receive consumer information free or at a very low cost from a qualified Reverse Mortgage Consultant prior to obtaining the loan.
Appointments Available | Monday – Friday | Call now – 800.321.0911 ext 101
Fees are currently being waived.
During each Reverse Mortgage counseling session, a counselor will explain areas of concern to the borrower and the basic elements of a reverse mortgage. Counseling sessions are held by appointment and can be scheduled by calling IFHMB at 1-800-321-0911 ext 101.